‘Yoga is not about being good at something. It's about being good to yourself.’ - Anon
After a yoga session, it is very common to feel totally amazing! As you practise yoga you are generating energy and many people find that it is beneficial to focus this energy on positive affirmations for certain aspects of their life and well-being. Positive affirmations can bring change and success in our daily lives including relationships, work, and even finances.
Positive affirmations have been described as ‘positive self-talk’ and have long been used to give us daily encouragement. They are written in the present tense and express what we want to be true about ourselves and our lives. Positive affirmations inspire us and can help ease depression and give our self-esteem a good boost.
As well as using the time on your yoga mat to focus on several positive affirmations, they can be used throughout your day. Start your day with a positive affirmation written on a sticky note and stuck on your bathroom mirror and a second on your favourite breakfast mug. A sticky note on your purse or mobile will give you a boost throughout the day. Memorise your favourite ones, adapt them to make them perfect for you. Repeat them to yourself countless times when you need them as they are powerful and can have a very positive impact on the way you feel and who you are.
Here are our favourite 50 positive affirmations, set to elevate your every day:
1. I am the only person who knows the truth about who I really am.
2. Changing my mind is not a weakness, but a strength.
3. I give emotional support and encouragement to everyone – including me.
4. I can ask for what I want and what I need.
5. I am doing the work the way it suits me.
6. I am optimistic because today is a new day.
7. Those who love me, support me in all I do.
8. I am in charge of how I feel and I feel happy.
9. I breathe in healing and exhale all the bad things in my heart.
10. I will grow at my own pace and flourish like a rare and beautiful flower.
11. I will always be responsible for myself.
12. I can, I will. End of story.
13. I can overcome my fears because I am following my dreams.
14. I am feeding my spirit, training my body and I am focusing my mind. It’s my time.
15. I will not compare myself to strangers, pictures in magazines, or websites.
16. I have the power to make changes in my life.
17. I can achieve great things – I am enough for success.
18. I am valued, helpful, and loved.
19. I celebrate the good qualities I find in others – and in myself.
20. Everything I do, I do with love in my heart.
21. I have everything I need to succeed.
22. I deserve quiet moments, just for me.
23. I can control how I respond to everything I face.
24. I understand that it is OK to make mistakes.
25. I want to invest in myself because I am a good investment.
26. I can balance ease and effort in my day.
27. I can do all things well – big and small.
28. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried every way.
29. I deserve the best and I accept the best today.
30. Every day I am proud of myself.
31. I develop calm in stillness.
32. I leave room in my day for spontaneous moments.
33. I really want it- so I am unstoppable.
34. I do not pretend to be anyone. I am me.
35. I deserve self-respect and a clear mind.
36. I do not rush through my life but mix moments of speed with moments of total stillness.
37. I am doing really good every day.
38. I am peaceful, happy, and whole.
39. I am the architect of my life; I build its strong foundation and choose how I fill it.
40. Today I am full of energy and joy.
41. I have been given so many talents and today I use them all.
42. I have a river of compassion that washes away my anger and frustrations and replaces them with love and happiness.
43. Many people look up at me and recognise my worth. I am successful.
44. I am blessed with a great family and great friends.
45. Everything that is happening to me now is happening for my future good.
46. I am in difficult times, but they are just a phase in my life.
47. I am conquering my illness a little each day.
48. I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
49. Today, I abandon all my old habits and start my new ones.
50. Today is just the beginning of the rest of my life.